INFORMATION ABOUT THE ASSOCIATION
Velká Vína Velkých Vinic is a registered association at the Regional Court in Brno, section L, insert 25135 (hereinafter referred to as the Association), ID: 07315767. We are a voluntary, non-profit association of natural and legal persons – producers or growers according to Act No. 321/2004 Coll. on viticulture and winemaking (hereinafter referred to as the Act), who want to produce wines of the highest quality, exceeding the requirements of the Act according to the principles and conditions set by the Association.
We associate growers and producers according to the Act for the purpose of producing wines of selected varieties from selected elite vineyards or their parts from vineyard tracks of all wine-growing sub-regions of the Moravia and Bohemia wine region of the highest quality, which, subject to the conditions of the Association, may be labeled as ‘Velká Vína Velkých Vinic/Great Wines of Great Vineyards‘ (hereinafter VVVV).
The aims of the Association are mainly:
- To evaluate the quality potential of the best vineyard locations in Moravia and Bohemia
- Wine production according to ‘terroir’, where quality and origin are linked
- To ensure the future of a unique wine landscape in Moravia and Bohemia
- To restore respect for excellent dry wines
- To supervise compliance with detailed rules for the production of great wines of great vineyards (hereinafter VVVV)
- To monitor selected vineyards for VVVV wines of the Association members during vegetation and before harvest, mainly focusing on the quality of grapes and on measures affecting yields
- To inspect VVVV wines of the Association members before and after bottling
- To carry out a physical inspection of every Association member’s winery at least every 5 years, focused on the appearance and equipment of the real estate, ensuring these contribute to an image corresponding to the high quality standards of VVVV wines
- To ensure that the Association members adhere to the two-fold classification of VVVV wines
- ‘Great Vineyard‘ – the best vineyards in Moravia and Bohemia and the narrowly defined plots within, the top of the pyramid, distinctive wines with exceptional aging potential, traditional varieties best adapted to a particular location in the area
- ‘Premium vineyard‘ – first-class vineyards in Moravia and Bohemia with characteristic properties, optimal conditions for grapevine growth verified by long-term cultivation, traditional varieties of the area
VELKÁ VÍNA VELKÝCH VINIC, z.s.
Registered on 16th August 2018, Regional Court in Brno, Section L, Insert 25135
Residence: 691 86 Perná 181
Company ID: 07315767
Ing. Lubomír Dvořáček, Ph.D.
Chairman of the Association
696 19 Mikulčice č.ev. 93
Telephone: +420 731 546 542
ID DS: 5qtv8rx
The website of the Great Wines of Great Vineyards Association was created with the support of the Wine Fund